Back to news category
Avenue Road Planning Application11 September 2019
On behalf of the Parish Council we object to the development proposed under application number 8/19/1029 for the following reasons:
- This is an overdevelopment and crowding of the site. Placing 4 large houses where there was previously one is unacceptable and destroys the nature of the area.
- Building in previously designated gardens is a dangerous precedent which if allowed could allow future incursion on garden spaces.
- This is not an infill brownfield or previously used site and is in violation of policy no H12 of the current Christchurch Local plan (Infill)
- It does not provide any measure of affordable housing.
- The development will alter and affect the privacy aspect of surrounding houses.
- The development will affect the nature area behind No 22 and is in violation of policy no H9 of the current Christchurch Local plan (Chewton Farm Estate)
- Lack of garages will add an unacceptable number of on road parking dangerous in areas where there are no pavements.
- There would be an increase of traffic on the dangerous junction of Avenue Road and Chewton Farm Road.
For these reasons we request that you reject this application.
On behalf of Highcliffe and Walkford Parish Council