Full news index
Highcliffe Christmas Lights switch on event 8 November 2019
Friday 22nd November at 6pm
- Tesco Express will be providing complimentary hot chocolate and mince pies
- Santa's Grotto sponsored by The Oaks
- Father Christmas will be courtesy of Dennis Carlton.
- James Emmett's Ragtime Revellers to perform
- Highcliffe Charity Players and The Fifinellas to sing Christmas songs
- Local butcher Chris Watson will be selling his prize-winning sausages and burgers
- Open top bus transporting in Santa (provided by Yellow Buses)
- Additional stall from Beauty of Highcliffe (glitter tattoos and facepaint).
- Officially opened by Bob Hutchings, Chairman of Parish Council. The Parish Council have generously match-funded all independent contributions and sponsorships.
- Other businesses sponsoring the tree - Churchill Retirement and local builders Roof Exchange
White picket fence around tree base.
- HAT contributing £15 towards all lights this year - 85 have signed up so far and more confirming every day
- Children's lantern parade hosted by Wendy Orpwood. Highcliffe Library have offered up help to make these after School - Mon. 11th or 18th Nov from 3.30pm HAT to supply materials.
- Lymington Road closed from 5.30 - 8.00pm
- Snow machine booked.
- GIFTED Garden Centre plus a few other high street shops are also staying open late
- New Milton Advertiser & Times are featuring details of our switch on event in their 15th Nov edition plus Highcliffe Herald
- Posters, flyers, banner designed by Dave Rodway of C9Creative
- Filming/photography by Matt Fochs of SouthSnap Media
- Christmas window competition in association with Christchurch Chamber of Trade to embrace a Dickensian theme to compliment #LoveHighcliffe's spoof 'Scrooge meets Downton Abbey' video. Prizes (1st) Chewton Glen Kitchen dinner for 2 (2nd) Family ticket of 4 for The Regent's Christmas Spectacular, courtesy of Glad Rag Productions (3rd) Use of HarSpa facilities for two people, courtesy of Christchurch Harbour Hotel